Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Perfect Side Dish - Roasted Potatoes

I honestly haven't been cooking that much this week. So, with the arrival of my new share tonight, the number of potatoes in my fridge has grown to more than a dozen. I'm not big into mashed potatoes - I'm much more of a roasted or baked potatoes kind of girl... my mom happens to make the world's BEST baked potato. You have no idea - and sorry, but I'm not going to give away her secret recipe!! Since I know not everyone that reads my blog is as into cooking as I am, I thought I'd give you all a super simple recipe that is pretty hard to screw up (and that doesn't give away family secrets!): roasted potatoes...

Roasted Potatoes
Ingredients:
potatoes - cut into rounds or 1/4 inch cubes
sliced onions
paprika
salt
pepper
olive oil

--> Drizzle olive oil in a baking dish, drop in all the potatoes and onions and sprinkle with paprika, salt & pepper. Cook for at least 1 hour on 375 F. Move the potatoes around after ~1/2 hour so that potatoes don't stick and for them to cook evenly. THAT'S IT!!!

My lovely sister (and roommate) made me these potatoes tonight - she left them in the oven for almost 2 hours and they were PERFECT. These are super easy to make as a side dish for a big dinner - you can throw them in the oven and basically forget about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment